Thursday, June 12, 2008


FOREIGN EXCHANGE BROKER SCAM CASE


I have been using there demo platform and it certainly does not work all that well. Often dropping trades and orders.

Additional I tried to open an account with them, gave them all proper identification except I refused to give them my social security number and instead I offered my fed tax id number.

They would not accept the TIN, they were very uncooperative. For privacy reasons I do not give out my SS number except to authorized government agencies. No one else is entitled to demand that number and federal banking laws do not require that you do so if you have a TIN.


Many banks and other brokers will accept a TIN numbers in lieu of SS numbers. It is not wise to give out your SS number to any brokerage firm as you do not know who can gain access to the number or what security measures they take to protect the number.

I say this firm is being unreasonable and suggest readers look elsewhere. If they are not willing to cooperate on a issue like this, which is a privacy issue for customers, you can figure they are not going to be cooperative if you have other problems.

No comments: